Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Phoenix Family and Stuff


While based in Lost Dutchman State Park I drove into town to see my cousin, and Sara & Marc (sister and brother in law).  I also ran some errands and visited Taliesan West Frank Lloyd Wright architecture school.
Cousin Jim Cain, his wife Rosanne and daughter Ashley and I met for lunch on Sunday.  We had real Sonoran style Mexican food (not that stuff you get in Seattle).  My hatch green chili pork was very flavorful with the chilies and char on the meat giving new taste sensations for me. We ate at Valla Luna.  Ashley is doing alot of genealogy research on her mother's hispanic side.  I shared my ancestry.com tree with them and invited Ashley to be a guest viewer of the Brallier-Briggs tree.  We talked about how the Brallier's in the 1800's were in a very small community of the Dunkard Brethren and that some of the marriages were also very "close".  After a pause, Jim said in his best sarcastic (but bitingly true) voice, "Well that explains alot."  Indeed.  We had a good laugh.
Asiago and I took the 3 hour tour of Taliesan West on Monday before heading over to Marc and Sara's rig to socialize for the afternoon and evening.  Marc grilled ribeye steak to perfection.  Sara baked potatoes and made a corn/green pepper/avocado salad.  I glass of cabernet from Costco topped it off.  Both of them are in great spirits.  Marc's treatments have reduced his blood counts to lower than when he was first diagnosed with multiple myaloma over 10 years ago.  Sara has lost some weight, but she calls it the new Weightwatchers cancer drugs appetite and weight reduction program.

1 comment: