Friday, March 15, 2019

LaLa Land - Friends and relatives


Totoro, Asiago and I were treated to two nights at my cousin Melissa and Steve's, and one night with my friends Jacob and Janice.
With Steve and Melissa we updated on our families, ate / drank at Stone Brewery, went through Melissa's trove of family photos and documents, and had a fantastic meal.  Stone Brewery has a nice collection of beers.  I had the IPA sampler.  Not up to the standards of Pliny the Elder or Black Raven Trickster, but good.  The menu had a good selection of vegitable focused food.  I had the stir fry.  Steve gave me a number of youtube hints for other campers like me and showed me some great places to see along the way.  Melissa's family history was a photo album started by grandpa Tom and a briefcase full of family trees, marriage certificates, etc.  I will have her ship the goodies to me when I return to seattle in June.  Then I can scan it all.  One particularly interesting photo was of the Mariposa Store and Post Office that Jefferson Jones ran for 4 decades.  Many more well annoteded photos are included.
With Jacob and Janice, I arranged a tour of the Gerald Desmond Bridge that I worked on for several years.  My best buddy Tanya gave us a 3 hour tour (and we didn't get marooned on an island).
We had a beer, green fried tomatoes and hummus with okra pods in Long Beach, then dinner of curried chicken at their home.
The next day I headed to Phoenix with gifts of fresh home roasted coffee, an avocado and an orange off the neighbor's tree.  Six traffic jams later I arrived at Lost Dutchman State Park in time for dinner.

p.s.  An almost disaster occured as I had left my rain jacket and bug/sun shirt at Jacob's.  He is shipping them to my cousin Jim's house in Phoenix.

Photos are of Melissa and I, Gerald Desmond Bridge and some antics by Totoro and Asiago at Jacob's house.



No comments:

Post a Comment