Friday, March 15, 2019

Let the fun begin

Now that I arrived in Arizona, I consider this the true beginning of my trip.
So far two days and nights at Lost Dutchman State Park east of Phoenix and on the border of the Superstition Wilderness.  I am settling in to a routine of hiking in the morning, reading and chilling out in the afternoon then making dinner before going to bed.  I hiked 12 miles yesterday and 8 more today.  Part of all that walking is that the restroom/showers are 1/4 mile away.
I have set up a hummingbird feeder.  Last night I moved it to the side of the camper.  I moved it before the hummers were going to bed and all hell broke loose as they dive bombed me during dinner to show their displeasure.  I moved it back to the camp table and they happily flew past me to dine 1 foot from my head as I cooked pasta.  Dinner for me was avocado and kale salad with pasta tossed with olive oil and concentrated tomato paste.
Photo is of my campsite when I arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment